Monday, November 12, 2012

Attention to Detail

With the fall season upon us we begin to usher in a steady parade of cold fronts.  Finding the fish can be a challenge and convincing picky fish to bite in post-front conditions will challenge even the most seasoned angler.  

Sometimes all it takes is a slight modification to your favorite lure.  It's no secret I'm a huge fan of the Charlie's Viper Minnow and on a recent trip, the trout were snubbing their nose at my pearl color viper minnow. The conditions and water clarity had me confident in my color selection.  
Instead of changing colors completely, I decided to color the tail with a "Spike-It" chartreuse dye pen.  

"Spike-It Garlic Dip-N-Glo Marker"

Bingo!  I fished through the same area again and picked up five trout, still a tough day but going from zero to five fish was a real confidence booster.  On tough days sometimes it's the attention to detail that can save the day!

You can see the contrast the chartreuse tail offers in this underwater shot!

David at Treasure Coast Tackle
http://www.treasurecoasttackle.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment